Vision, Mission and Objectives
Malaysian Yoga Society follows strictly the path of karma yoga which promotes the experience of living in harmony through one’s own daily activities and selfless service.
MYS works towards uplifting the life of others, especially the socially disadvantaged and underprivileged, through the teaching of yoga.
Malaysian Yoga Society’s mission, among others, primarily includes:
- Promote wellness of the underprivileged and the socially disadvantaged
- Organise charitable activities related to teaching of yoga to the underprivileged and the socially disadvantaged.
- Provide a shelter home for the underprivileged and the socially disadvantaged - Yoga Home.
- Nurturing a dynamic growing force of volunteer yoga teachers,
to share the knowledge of Yoga as tools for life.
- Organise fund-raising activities for yoga related social welfare projects.
- Network with highly committed yoga practitioners nationally and internationally,
to contribute towards the quality of life of the underprivileged.
- Conduct free yoga camps especially for the socially disadvantaged.
MYS constantly seeks volunteers to assist in various fund raising activities and to help out at our Yoga Home in Batu Arang through sponsorship or any form of donations.
All are welcomed from the public.
MAYI International Yoga Instructor's Course (IYIC) graduate instructors are highly encouraged to teach voluntarily at various Non-Profit Organisations (NPOs) and Non Government Organisations (NGOs).
NPOs and NGOs are also encouraged to send their representatives for free foundation level IYIC training through our "Learn to Teach" Project.
Currently, weekly yoga classes for school children (as part of co-curriculum) and holiday yoga camps are being conducted by MAYI volunteer teachers, in support of MYS, at various local government schools (Sekolah Kebangsaan) in the Klang Valley.
Special visits are also being made at local prisons by MYS volunteers to bring the wonderful benefits of yoga to the inmates